Our school was founded by dr. György Lázár, the mayor of Szeged who dedicated himself making Szeged a cultural center. The new commercial school of Szeged was intended for the education of young people who could meet the current challenges of the time as self-reliant traders and craftmen.
The first building of our school stood at the corner of Feketesas Street and Tisza Lajos Boulevard. During the First World War the number of students fell and the head teacher and some of the teachers were called up for military service. In 1919 Szeged was occupied by French troops who claimed the school building.